Thursday, May 11, 2006

Brains... I´m right wing afterall!

Thought this was pretty interesting...

From http://www.viewzone.com/bicam.html

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logicdetail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges order/pattern
perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

Check it out.

I recently scored amazingly well in a simple test to discover how well I used my right side, and so, in view of this, (not really but it did coincide) I´ve decided to take a class (if my first visit FEELS right) with a bunch of local kids, in disadvantaged areas, at a library reading to them and then (ack!) doing a creative task with them!!! Now I know that lots of my friends (and my work) are going to go nuts knowing how I used to shirk the Young Person´s Group at the Railway House. Let´s see how I go...

There.

1 comment:

tetmupco2 said...

Hi Michael, I've gotta tell ya, I'm enjoying your blog very much.

Paul