Saturday, July 01, 2006

A nation of Slim Dusty pubs.

I can't bear the thought of writing all this out again ("this" being what's still in my head but not on the blog that I wrote last night and lost due to keyboard dysfunction)...

I DID write that I found myself on this computer instead of at my favourite English class or failing that, at my favourite bar beering on a Friday... Why? It seemed my class decided en mass that they deserved a break after the last unit of work (Intermediate 2/I) before plunging into Intermediate 2/II where the excitement of English doesn't stop (look out for that continuous past tense!!)

And not at the pub? Now this will blow your socks off (I think I said that in the lost blog): the Bolivia, in their infinite past wisdom have a law that stipulates no drinking two days before an election, or at least it's illegal to sell the stuff. This I find, regardless of my alcohol intake limits, absolutely incredible. If this happened in Australia... well... it just wouldn't! Gobsmacked and incredulous. More and more adjectives of similar ilk crash around my head about this subject. I'm bamboozled! I have also come to the realisation that it's no bloody wonder there are so many riots and temper fraying and things around election time... The reason for the ban on drinking is (apparently) that it clouds one's decision making capabilities when voting... now check me if I'm wrong, but in my experience one's political standpoint is ANYthing but clouded when one is drunk. In fact it's probably when one's political position is most clear!

That's all about that.

I also wrote last night that I'd decided to ring Fiona and that I would do it straight away. When I finally got to the phone she had tried to call me at home... AT THE SAME TIME as I said I wanted to call her. That means something. There you are Millennium, more shit for you on my page. And I was being sarcastic with the politics comment. Of course it's all politics! That's what life essentially is, and should be, if we remain intelligent, thinking humans, and not drones to the queen. Humph!

Going to find a place where I can buy their silence in inchange for a drink. That sort of stuff is so easy to do here... I think.

Your FNBC.

No comments: