Monday, July 03, 2006

Nup, the upload didn't work, but you DO get to hear me winge...



This is just an extra blog in the hope that the photos upload this time round.

The first is the beautiful looking roads that I discussed before, the second is the little kids playing "Look at me! I'm a bus driver!" on the safe (for once) roads, and the third is a favourite of mine, taken the same day, with sufferin' soccerations in the dust near the lake. We wondered how difficult it would be to run around on the hot day we had, let alone breath in all that dust as well, and it was generally agreed that it probably wasn't just good clean dirt either...

Well, that's all... NO it's not!

I've had a hell of a time getting this visa stuff in order (and I don't mean "hell of a time" to be "gee, look at how much fun I'm having at Immigration!"). I'm told just now to expect 21 days worth of 10Bolivianos/day fine when I was assured that it wouldn't be enforced, or got around. Far out (he says, wanting to use another delightful little English phrase). That's 210 Bolivianos that I could really use. I feel like I've been robbed again. And I STILL haven't got the bloody visa. I tell ya, it's lucky I'm still being civil, but I assume that screaming at officials or others won't help much. I'd better go meditate before I scratch somebody's eyes out.

Of course I know that I'm lucky to be not thrown out for overstaying (but they'd rather my money), and that I should forget about it and enjoy the movie night at Republik Cafe tomorrow night, and unfortunately my niño students copped the backlash a bit but then again, they shouldn't have been eating in class/kicking each other/cutting up their workbooks... ARRGGH! They have a test tomorrow that almost all of them will fail... crap.

Let's see if this computer does the uploading photos thing... it'd better if it knows what's good for it...

Love (*checks heart* I think there's some in there somewhere),

Michael.

No comments: