Wednesday, June 28, 2006


There are days when it's just too much. Or is it?

I thought I was having a bad day here in Bolivia, feeling all alone (where I'm not), feeling all useless and ineffective (which I'm not) and wishing I had it better (which I certainly do). The detail of my woes that I had all ready to spout out before I got here, huffing and puffing away about this and that - they're not really important all of a sudden.

I didn't know Angela Volan at all, except through the Marfan Syndrome website. It's far too easy to connect with strangers you create an intimate relationship to in other ways. Angela passed away a few days ago from complications related to Marfans Syndrome, and I extend my sympathy and condolences to her family and those who knew her.

Also, Daniel McKay, an avid culture jammer was involved in a fatal car accident last Friday. He was only 21. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Daniel had a stoic passion and dedication to improving society through creative means. I respect his philosophies and will miss his energy. Jammer Paul wrote more:

Daniel McKay (better known as Why) amongst other things, built and hosted our website, and was an active stenciler. Some of his work was in the stencil festival held in Fitzroy a few weeks back. You've probably also seen his "Why? Why? Why?" posters stuck up around town, I see them in the city all the time. He was a big contributor to the jammers, did some great work on logos of all types, and donated a painting for our fund raiser gig last year. I recommend you check out his website (which is still up): http://www.askwhywhy.com/ What a loss... His funeral is on Friday, 2pm at the Uniting Church in Wallan, his home town.

Today I am in the country of my dreams with friends around and closer friends and family thinking fondly of me at home.

That's not too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why's family have raised a web site in memory of Dan. You might like to take a look at it and pass this on to others.
http://www.danielmckaymemorialchallenge.com/frameset.htm