Friday, June 23, 2006

Australia's on a run, and talking of runs...

Hi all. Just wanting to give everyone the very important news, should you not have heard it yet.

Australia practically kicked arse yesterday in a draw with Croatia. I don't know if this is actually true. I heard we won first of all: 2-1 then that we drew. I would have actually watched the game at 2.30 in the afternoon but I was either asleep with the lack of energy that comes with one's system being comPLETEly cleaned out by a bug, or on the toilet in said process. I managed to avoid the use of Immodium, at the advice of my beautiful Fiona, who is always right...

My family (Bolivian) think it might have been the soy milk that can act as a cleaner-outerer, but I think it was the cold rice I was served up for dinner on Wednesday night. Who knows. What is important is (other than the fact that we are in the next round of the World Cup (unprecedented beyond even the most sports-allergic's dreams) - going on now to play Italy *wonders what Lygon Street will be like next week...*) that I'm feeling better and might even be able to teach some English today. Or catch the very cool comic exhibition that's showing at the Simon PatiƱo Cultural Centre (Mr. Culture they call me).

That all.

Your FNBC.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hey there,
Yes we are in the next round of the world cup and aren't we happy about it.Ben, Anne and myself were up watching it and the bloody umpires are hopeless. But anyway, we will be setting our clock on Tuesday morning at 1.45am to get up and watch the game against Italy. Bye for now.
Love ya