Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Gee this almuerzo thing seems to ALways get in the way of a good missive...

I thought I'd better give some info on this colossus. The Cristo de la Concordia, on a hill east of my city (I know this because directions are one of the first things I teach my beginner students (where is the Cristo??)) is 33 and a bit metres high, making it the highest one in the world incuding that of the Rio Cristo Redentor which stands at 33 metres (one for each year of Jesus' life - Cochabambinos poopoo that by saying that Jesus lived for 33 and a bit years...)

There are two thousand steps (some say) up to the statue from below, but I wouldn´t know. I DO know that the final 30 odd stairs that I climbed after taking the cable car (telefĂ©rico) embarrassed me in front of my tour guide (one of my English students). I might practice the 2000 stairs by myself...

That all - almuerzo time!!

Love your FNBC.

No comments: