Friday, June 09, 2006

Game's ON!

Right, so it did't take too long for me to become a footyhead.

The fever has kicked in so to speak, and I am now a full supporter of Iran, a team that isn't on the bottom but isn't on the top of the World Cup Soccer (oops, Football) Championships that has got this country in a tizz (even though we (Bolivia that is) can't play for granola).

My support of Iran comes after a deporteshead (sounds musical don't it!) from Australia at my work got me into the work competition. I drew Iran second from my two draws... Guess what luckily came out first....

Now anyone who knows me at all will know that even though I have some very good American (US) friends, I have a healthy disrespect for their country's policies and those "in charge" so to speak. So it's not a little ironic that I pull out the US for my other team. It wasn't since I was purposefully and cruelly placed in the US Olympic team at Gus' going-away party (I won best dressed GOLD! by the way) that I was so hard done by.

I CAN be proud to say though that (at an educated guess) I am the first person in the history of the world who will genuinely barrack for both Iran and the US at the exact same time.

So, to be clear, give all your energy to either of those two teams in order for me to rake in the $200 Bolivianos undoubtedly coming my way.

Lots of leather-bound love (soccer ball-wise that is),

Michael.

No comments: