Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Yes, so, here are some photos from Luke's camera. I downloaded them before he left, in case he never came back, having VB to drink and meat pies to hoe down...

First one is of something you've seen before. The Halloween night, but at the venue itself, and me about to slash my IMF aniquilador all over the shop! I finally won a prize for that on a following night - given that I went home before the prizes were called - a free beer.


Second is the incredible sight of the Virgen de Urkupiña Festival back in mid-August (and me after walk 20km long with a 3am start), from the top of the hill near the temple and site of the "vision" the little girl had all those years ago (and consequently the whole town as it happens...) of the Virgin Mary herself no less. Strangely they didn't have any visions before the Spaniards turned up...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what did you wish for the Virgin to bestow on you for the coming year?? Inner completion? A wooden train set? A sack of coal? Just curious.

Correspondiente Boliviano said...

Mr. Marty

Sadly, I don't believe in yon Virgin, nor her powers, nor her appearance (the latter non-beliefs obviously dependent on the first), so I guess I'll just have to believe that the masses' wishes to her can convert somewhat into positive communal energy (given that personal seemingly selfish wishes have the condition that they be shared by everyone - not sure if the wishers remember that bit, with their miniature houses, and boats and cash and things...)

Besides, in the end I actually didn't wish for anything. I did however thank her for any good she could have done, had she existed. It's quite possible that nobody else thanked the poor woman...

And I'd LOVE a wooden train set! (full of tightly packed rolls of money).

Anonymous said...

I didn't wish for anything either, to be honest with you.