Friday, November 17, 2006

A noice little piece.

Hi all. I just wanted to show my family and friends (and anyone else looking for a positive lift) a message from a fellow on the Marfan Community email list. I often only let people know of the bad news in the Marfan Community and this is anything but that. Thanks fellow whose name I won't use!!



Good Morning Everyone,

Today is my 50th birthday; a milestone I scarcely ever expected to see.

I celebrated this weekend with 50 of my friends, birth family and chosen family members on a boat cruising on Lake Austin. My best friend from junior high school, one of my close friends from high school, my Mom, my sister and one of my dearest friends and teachers in Austin all spoke about my life and my part in their life. I was deeply moved and the whole group was very joyous.

I'd like to say how much I've appreciated everyone on this list. I'm grateful for the help I've received from all of you, for the help I've seen given to so many others and for the opportunity for me to help others.

I consider myself to be fortunate on so many levels. The whole Marfan gig gave me clarity early in life about the importance of getting on with life and about how precious all our moments are. I figured out early on that I am best served by doing things I desire to do right now rather than hold off. I had the right kind of intellect, heart and drive to be able to do work I love, travel the world, make enough money to live in style, aid others in their lives, learn lots of amazing things, have a life-long partner who continues to teach me about love, have Beloveds who share their lives with me and in the end do what I've always wanted to do in life; see the world be a bit better for my having been here.

So take a moment today to say a gentle Happy Birthday in your Heart for me - I'll be listening.

Abundant Love, (the fine fellow whose name I said I wouldn't use)
Chris.
(and then he told me not to be so silly and use it anyway,).

No comments: