Friday, November 17, 2006

I can't get no...!



Hmm... I'm very tired today. I got woken by Fiona (on the phone), which is ALways the best way to wake up, after having a fairly early night at Karaoke - evidenced by the featured photo (can you tell what I'm singing??)


Fiona told me lots about my nephew's 21st birthday party, about how everyone was good to her, how much fun she had. I think I'm glad the party is all over. I don't have a itching to be there now. It's passed. My spirits are lifting.


Picture #2: Ahh, there's nothing like a light beer. And this is nothing like a light beer! (thanks Mary Poppins! I've been quoting from her quite alot lately for some reason!) These are three of my ex-students, out on another field trip with their latest teacher (they could never convince me to take them out!) What are they doing with all the teachers? Eating them?
This place is called Dali, my new favourite bar (ECLA is a restaurant by definition!). Depressingly it is full of gringos, but with a healthy spattering of locals too. Hmm... not much real Bolivian news from me. What does that all mean? Probably means that I'd better get to work.
Michael.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I know what it means when you have no Bolivian news..........it's time to come home don't you think????
Love ya

Correspondiente Boliviano said...

Actually it means more that I'm becoming well accustomed to living here, which follows that a) I may never come home, and b) when I do, I'll have the depth of "no news" about a place I'm living that will give me much more to look back on.