Sunday, March 04, 2007

Too much love

Capricorn

Save your high-minded idealism for another day -- today is all about elemental efforts and humble results. Tasks such as washing the windows, cleaning out the garage and working in the garden will be very rewarding, and they will make you feel not only more connected with the world but also more content. Don't aim for major life changes right now. Revel in today's fleeting pleasures, and don't ask for more than you need.

Humph, well this is exactly what my head was telling me this morning, as I walked away from the bus station (walking through the adjacent La Cancha (the country's biggest marketplace - it seemed more placid than usual, in my projection to have the world in sorrow) shoe shiners didn't even ask, such was my disposition, hands shoved firmed and intentionally in my deep pockets more to help shield my mental environment from the outside than to keep the pickpockets at bay trudging grimly through the sparkly dirt of the familiar market streets, all huffy and James Dean, until I trip over my shoelace and land on my arse. People laugh very haughtily and I have to join in. I'm a dickhead sometimes...), found the first bus bound for home (I sat in the back seat, towering over a sea of white Cholita hats, my arms folded in similar protective vein), walked along my street, Uyuni. Aptly named for this is the destination of Fiona this morning, the bus pulling out of the station at 9.09am, pulling out my tears along with it, and minutes before she too late questions herself to me again as we hold each other tight among the constant screaming stream of offers to Santa Cruz and La Paz, why she's leaving me here.

Foder.

But the horrorscope is right. As I arrived home and looked in my bedroom, I saw that things should be done, if only to keep myself busy. A fleeting pleasure at a test marked, clothes folded, a blog to blurt my feelings.

So, Fiona's off to the Salar de Uyuni today... well, Uyuni at least, the Salar tomorrow she hopes. She'll see the incredible sights of the largest salt lake in the world that I saw as I came the opposite direction toward Cbba.

Then she's going to Santiago so she can take one of her free flights to Caracas, Venezuela to personally hand deliver my good wishes and suggestions to Mr. Chavez. Then off to Cuba. Fiona has worked so hard for her reward in this trip but I can't help but feel jealous. My goal remains as such. A goal, until I do the hard yards to ensure I can ... well, pay for the privilege.

So today I look for little pleasures - a dog to pat, an old man to help, a pretty girl to kiss.

Yep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"My Momma always said, jealous is as jealous does." Oh that crazy Forrest Gump, and yes I'm aware he didn't actually say that, and also that he isn't actually a real person.