Saturday, March 17, 2007

Full on in between the boredom.

It's raining again in "dry" Cochabamba, but I feel good, and ready for another big night out with my friends. I like it here.

On the other hand I just avoided the knifepoint robbery last night when me and my friend wouldn't give a fellow 20Bolivianos to continue his drinking binge. I spotted him just reaching into the back of his shirt for his knife when I decided to push my friend back toward the crowded street (we had turned into our own, very quiet and dangerous street when it happened). So, the excitement of violence holds my boredom at bay...

Hope Fiona is o.k. on her jungle safari in Venezuela, come to think of it...

Oh, and shopping for four hours at La Cancha, while the giggling masses (at our height) and the offers of marriage from the potato sellers is fun, cannot last and I'm knackered.

Going for a nap.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Bloody hell Mike, the knife man could have hurt ya but then again you could of spat on him....that's right you can't....just kidding.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Michael,

it is times like that you need to use your Irish accent.

Rups

Correspondiente Boliviano said...

To be sure.