Monday, February 19, 2007

Some parade action.

Yep. Ariane. don't look at the last picture... those women freaked me out totally and there were LOTS of them! Reminded me of those creeps with the mask who taunt the Chinese Dragon in those other parades. They made me poo my pants. The dragons were o.k.

Anyway, some of the colourful crew that made up the 30-odd thousand.

There was SOME decorum on the day, regards foam and water balloons. When the dancers and so forth came past, people actually stopped throwing things about. Even the drunk ones. I, for one was surprised. The costumes can cost 100s of dollars to make so there was some respect there. Unusual for a Bolivian party atmosphere.





1 comment:

Janice said...

Hey I remember the good old Bendigo chinese parade. Yep they were good but bring on the bagpipes.......ROTFLMAO......
LOVE YA