Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Un poco insight(o) en(to) cadadia Miguel

Capricorn
While this day is going to ultimately be a successful one, there are some business-related problems brewing that will affect your lifestyle. These problems could be coming out of your workplace, but they could also be at a store or restaurant you visit frequently. Delays and disruptions might slow you down and make you think twice. Where you spend your money and your time in the future will be affected. Nothing will invade your peaceful attitude, though.

I know, I know. But I can't resist. My three new English classes today will hopefully be successful: so far so good, except for one absent student which affected my lifestyle heaps! (I didn't get to spend as much time on the net!!). And I always get comments on my peaceful attitude, especially in the face of my robberies - of course I have every reason to be calm in comparison: I'd be far less peaceful if I was living on the streets of Cochabamba, or having to eke out a living selling fake rolex's...

On a Let's-make-Michael-feel-at-home note - I went to the cinema on Sunday night to see the "Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest". While Johnny Depp just isn't the same when his lips don't make the shape of the words that he's not saying (I was helped along by the ample action scenes and by my companion who had very good Spanish), it was the first time I'd been to the cinema since leaving Australia and it took me a little by surprise when the lights came back up and I was surrounded by Bolivians "again". Left homesick... but don't send La Paz-Melbourne tickets yet! Like being turned into a newt - I got better (Python fans?).

Oh, and went out to the country with Luke, Marty and Annie to Annie's family's cute little cottage on Sunday too. Very pleasant - fed the geese, searched for fruit trees, drank some Taquiña and ate pollo sangas. Very colonial... yep.

Am holding my breath for the Virgin de Urkupiña festival coming up in two weeks, the biggest in the entire... region. The dancers are all practicing, the fever is reaching... fever pitch...

Chow time. So, chau,

Your FNBC.

No comments: