Friday, August 11, 2006

Are you a virgin? (Monty Python (to dispell any offense, or to exacerbate it...))

When you get up at 2am to carry a stone you cut out of a mountain 12ks for a virgin and her blessings for money, a new car, a healthy family, a visa, happiness, a job, money, then you surely are getting into the spirit of things. Even though one Bolivian fella called this Fiesta del Vergen de UrkupiƱa this Monday to Wednesday another excuse for a three day piss-up. Course, that brings up the question of what spirits you're getting into... hell, something's gotta keep you going at 2am, but I think a stiff rum will just send me off to lala land.

I'll take the visa *still running on his illegal alien status*

7 comments:

Unknown said...

u will rest tree days next week.

c ya.

Unknown said...

did u understand what i wrote?

(sorry, i am learning english :P)

S. Gregory said...

Bloody rumhead! Hope it's Bundy, cobber, ta make ya feel at home (as though you'd want to!). Love ya, Daddy-O!

Anonymous said...

Haha...Michael, I didn't know you were blogging from Bolivia! I laughed my large arse off when I read it...
And god but your photos are fabulous. Rock on! - Kat

holly said...

rum = drowsy/cloudiness for holly.
and just in case you were wondering about the result of my voracity for other drinks:

tequila = ample chattiness
beer = good-tempered fullness
wine = thirst and then sickness
whiskey = death

Correspondiente Boliviano said...

Jupe,

Not sure (writing from the middle of the week) that that prediction is going to fruit! *realises that that sentence will test her English*

One word - Quillaquollo.

Another word - Capa.. Capow... Well, it's the word for the dancers in the short skirts...

Correspondiente Boliviano said...

Mr. Magoo. I'd love being reminded of home, if it weren't so painful. I want to come around for a cup of vanilla tea (which should confuse some of my new friends here who've heard about YOU! Vanilla tea doesn't fit).