Thursday, April 05, 2007

*shrugs* I suppose it's better than this system...

Right. This is important. Seeing as the Australian Government are being irresponsible and underhanded (need I say it - again!) I need to make sure my vote is counted when they call the election. I want to be told exactly when the election is called as they don't list the Australian polling booths around these parts until an election is called and I'm going to need as much time as I can to get to one of these suckers. So, can you tell me? Email. Blog it. Call me. I want to know.

How are the government specifically being underhanded (again)?

Well, we used to have seven days after the election date was announced to actually enrol, but this time the polls will close to new voters at 8pm - the very night the election is officially called. If you're too busy or don't hear about the election in time and aren't already correctly enrolled, you won't be able to vote on Election Day.

Not sure if you're enrolled correctly? Just click on the link below. You can join the call to revoke this legislation and tell politicians to make it easier, not harder, for all of us to have a say at election time. You can also make sure you're correctly enrolled before the polls close in record time.


www.getup.org.au/campaign/DontLetThemStopYouFromVoting.



It's up to us to make sure we get a voice on Election Day.

Thanks! PS: On April 16, new ID requirements and extra red tape come into effect, so if you're in a rural area or overseas especially, make sure you get on the roll now (that means ME! But I checked - I'm still on the roll).

Your (totally unBolivian-related) FNBC.

2 comments:

S. Gregory said...

...Missing you...

Edels.

Anonymous said...

M,

banned on Google Vid this one by Irate Cinema, on the current Crisis.

It's not a rude vid.

Rups