Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar-free!!!!!!! and Curiosity #16


I reckon this photo's worth a look. Every main intersection in the entire city looked like this on Sunday, I swear! I discovered that it's an edict from the Environment Authority here in Cochabamba. I find this hard to believe given that they can't get the lake to stay clean from dangerous (but pretty, green) algae.

Either way, I was loving it. And the punch buggy on the left? Well, it's one of I reckon 15% of the vehicles in town.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice, I'm 24 from Melbourne and was in Cochabamba for quite a while when Michael was there. My trip went alright and seeing the family was nice but there's more action happening in Bolivia and I miss it already.

And I never said that I was never late, just that the Bolivian women are also late(r) too.

Michael, cheers for letting your site turn into an open forum!

It's gonna hard logging on and seeing all of these things that I did a year ago happening again without me (peaton, maybe Octoberfests, Christmas? etc.) but dammit, I'm a compelled fan of the Bolivian Correspondent!

Saludos

Janice said...

Hi Marty,
Yes thanks Mike for letting us talk openly.........
Did you and Michael meet in Melbourne or Cochabamba?

Cyas.

holly said...

The blooming trees are beautiful.

Assignment Nerd said...

Wow that looks like the Gold Coast only with out the cars! It is very freaky.

- Shantoo